Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29, 2010

3-29-10 Monday, 7:17 am Grayrock 31 degrees.

Suicide bombers in Moscow, Sara Palin in Arizona, President Obama in Afghanistan; world events continue to unfold and God’s activity is not visible to most. I desire to see God at work every day, experiencing his grace and goodness. I continue in Deuteronomy and the gospel of Luke.

Deut 11 – 12

11:22b “Show love to the Lord your God by walking in his ways and holding tightly to him.”
I am holding tightly to the Lord my God. I have held to him my whole adult life. I need to daily renew my grip, adjust my course to walk in his ways, and thus show my love to him. What does that mean for today? This is my Sabbath rest, my day of not working. I work a lot. I will have me eyes examined this morning, fertilize my lawn, and maybe go flying this afternoon or evening. Guide me Lord as I walk in your ways and hold tightly to you today.

What does the Lord require of thee – to do justice, to love mercy, to walk humbly with your God (Malachi). Yes Lord.

Luke 8:22-39
Jesus calms the storm on the lake, and casts the demon out of the man on the other side. Guide me Lord as I journey with you today, living by faith, attuned to the spiritual dynamics in every situation.

Prov 12:4 “A worthy wife is a crown for her husband, but a disgraceful woman is like cancer in his bones.” Thank you Lord for Audrey, such a virtuous and Christ-centered wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment