Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 13, 2010

3-13-10 Saturday, 5:30 am 38 degrees, drizzle

Psalm 56

Verse 3 “when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you.
Verse 4 “I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
Verse 8 “You keep track of all my sorrows…

Having prayed last night with 5 year old Kali and her family as she begins hospice care, the above verses are very poignant. Trusting in God, believing that He knows all our sorrows, even collecting our tears in his bottle, is comforting and the only real way forward in this life.

Now for a 7 mile run, my first with the Wesley running group (they will do 10, I will join them 1 ½ miles into their run.)

9:15 am

Whew! I am invigorated and my legs are sore from a great run before dawn in the cold drizzle. Plainview and Cox road are hilly! It was great to be running with others, there were 7 of us total, as they kept me going, even up the hills when I felt like walking. I was able to “finish well.” That in fact is my title for tomorrow’s sermon, and we will use running as one of the metaphors for the Christian life. Today I will make my final preparations in addition to supporting the Upwards Award ceremonies, and making a couple of visits.

Thank you for the gift of this day, Holy Lord. Guide me as I live for you, keeping my eyes on your cross and your resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment