Thursday, March 25, 2010

March 25, 2010

March 25, 2010 Grayrock, 51 degrees, cloudy, foggy, birds singing, dark at 6:38 am

Deut. 4:1-49

Moses reminds the people to remember the mighty acts of God that they have seen, and to obey God’s law carefully, especially not making any images of Him to worship. Verse 29 concludes that if you disobey, he will scatter, and when you call upon him again he will answer “And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.” Throughout history, God has revealed himself, and when people have sought him, they have found him. In this generation, those who are lost can be found. 3:16 are indeed the words of hope, which I will preach on Easter.

Yesterday I prayed with two pastors, finalized the bulletin, met with a 10-year-old boy who shared about his vision God has given him. I talked to Linda Hurst Locke (Audrey’s close friend and roommate after college) in Tennesse whose mother was released from the hospital yesterday, and I talked to Greg Snooks in Atlanta (my close friend in high school, college and beyond) about accountability as I prepared for the 9:00 pm Bible study with the Delta Tau Christian fraternity at MSU. Seven men attended, and we had a great conversation about accountability and how vital relationships are so important to men.

Today I drive to St. Louis and visit the Pearce family at Barnes Children’s hospital. Infant Audrey will have surgery today, and her condition is most critical. I spoke to her grandparents yesterday, and shortly I will read her journal at www.Caringbridge.org

I am thine o Lord, I have heard your voice and it calls me to obey and serve you with Joy unspeakable and full of glory. Empower me today to live with passion, to love completely, to learn humbly. You are God, I am your servant, lead me Lord, lead me in your righteousness today, March 25, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment