Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 21, 2010

3-21-10 Sunday 6:10 am Wintry Mix, ground is white, 32 degrees

This delightful winter storm has blanketed the ground with a Spring snow storm, and will continue today. The roads seem fine as they were so warm recently. I wonder how many folks will stay home this morning because of the weather.
I will be preaching on John 10:10, in which Jesus states that he came to give life, and to give it abundantly, in all its fullness. We beginning the last week of the One Month to Live challenge, and it has been a good season. My life has been positively impacted incrementally, as this has been my orientation for decades – taking a long view of a short life.

John 10:7-10
“So again Jesus said to them, “very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and bandits; but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in a go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly (in all its fullness).”
Since my conversion at 18 I have been living the abundant life. I made a deep change, turning from selfishness, entering through the gate of Jesus Christ to life in all its fullness.

4:21 pm Church Office
Audrey and I are here at church for the informational meeting for the Summer trip. She has a roomful of people on this cold and wet afternoon, and she is most appreciative for this significant interest.

This morning our attendance was about half of the normal. God was at work and it was a great morning. Somebody pushed a hidden panic button in one of the offices, and the police showed up mid-morning. There was no panic in the sanctuary or the gym, but people worshipping God and seeking to follow Him with all their lives. I look forward to this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment