Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 16, 2010

3-16-10 Tuesday, 6:45 am Grayrock, 38 degrees, foggy, birds singing.

Yesterday was well spent as a “Sabbath”, and I feel rested and ready for this day and this week. I am reading Deep Change by Robert E. Quinn and it is resonating with me. His thesis is that there are two possibilities for individuals and organizations – deep change or slow death. As I am reading through the Old Testament I am reminded that God’s people have always experienced these two possibilities. With intentionality I desire to vigilantly consider how God is guiding me, and how He is directing my steps as I lead His church.

Numbers 24:1-25:18
“Now Balaam realized that the Lord was determined to bless Israel…” Today we have a Jewish Christian arriving who will speak with us tomorrow evening. He works in Jerusalem with Jews for Jesus. I am looking forward to meeting him and spending a couple of days together. Balaam’s message, delivered to Balak is recorded in this chapter. It is a beautiful message of God’s care and blessing of Israel. This is the spiritual heritage of God’s people, for whom he cares deeply and will bless.

Having blessed Israel, Balaam next prophecies against the people of Moab, of Amalek, the Kenites and those from Eber and Assyria. “Alas, who can survive unless God has willed it?” In my generation, God is at work directly as He was in the days of Balaam. He is revealing his will and working among people to raise up and to cast down. My desire is to embody the words of Balaam, and be one whose “eyes see clearly, … who hears the words of God, who has knowledge from the Most High, who sees a vision from the almighty, who bows down with eyes wide open.” May it be so, Lord, today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment