Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 14, 2010

12-14-10 Tuesday, 6:25 am Springfield, 24 degrees, wind 10 mph from the south.

Yesterday I finished the family Christmas letter, did some Christmas shopping, exercised, read, and in the evening worked with Audrey to organize our family room downstairs. We are still sorting and storing boxes and misc. family mementos from my parents house. Will my adult children someday sort and store the stuff we are accumulating?

Rev 5:1-14

The apostle John sees a scroll, and no one is worthy to open it. Then the lamb, who was slaughtered, with 7 horns and 7 eyes, and he took the scroll. The 24 elders sang a new song, including these words “your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. And you have caused them to become a Kingdom of priests for our God. And they will reign on the earth.” (verses 9b-10)

We who live under the new covenant, who are followers of the Way, are part of this kingdom of priests. This is similar to the language Peter used in his second epistle. The full implications of this are immense. Martin Luther worked are elevating the role of believers as he began the protestant reformation. The 20th century witnessed the rapid increase of the operational use of the gifts of the Spirit. What will be characteristic of this century? What will the movements be that shape and move the church in the United States, and around the world?

Guide me Lord as your servant in this age. Guard me from living in the past or the future, empower me to serve among your Kingdom of priests. On this Tuesday, let my words, thoughts, actions and responses be pleasing to you, my Lord and my King.

No comments:

Post a Comment