Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 9, 2010

12-9-10 Thursday, 5:54 am Springfield, 30 degrees, wind 10 mph from the south.

This morning I drive to Rolla for a day of being trained to lead a team to Mozambique. It will be a long day, and a good investment of my time. In 1985 I was the first conference coordinator of Volunteers in Mission, and in conjunction with the New York office I developed the first leader training events. Tonight we have the finance/trustee meeting to set the budget for 2011, and this will be an interesting meeting.

Revelation 1:1-20

This is the beginning of the revelation that God gave to John while exiled on Patmos. He sees Jesus, and speaks to him. He learns of the seven angels and the seven candlesticks. I wonder if this infers that each church has a particular angel, or if this was specific just to these 7 churches. Jesus refers to himself as “the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come, … and the ruler of all the kings of the world.” (verses 4-5).

Like John, I am a servant of Jesus Christ. As pastor and leader of a church I serve as an undershepherd, doing the work of God, using the gifts, energy, experience and opportunities that He has given me. As I read this first chapter of Revelation, I am reminded again of the reality of the spiritual world, and of the impending close of this age, with the visible reign of Christ. Guide me Lord as I invest this day in building your kingdom and serving in your army. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment