Thursday, December 30, 2010

December 30, 2010

12-30-10 Thursday, 5:56 am


Yesterday we went out to breakfast with Joyce and Frank, after watching the Today show in bed. I think I forgot to read scripture before eating breakfast. I will not beat myself up too severely, but will launch into scripture here and now. I am finishing up Revelation, and the Minor prophets. As I was waking up, I was picturing Don Bounds, and Mildred Hilme. I am not sure why, but am praying for both of them this morning.

Rev 20

The binding up of Satan for 1000 years, the reign with Christ of those beheaded for their faith. Next the Devil is released for a short time, in which he deceives millions, who attack the Beloved City, but are destroyed by fire from heaven. The devil, the Beast and the False Prophet are hurled into the lake of fire and brimstone, in torment around the clock for ages without end. The white throne judgement is described, with the books where opened, including the Book of Life. “The dead were judged by what was written in the books, by the way they had lived.” (verse 12b)

Reading this, I wonder about Hitler, about the holocaust, about future deceptions, and future Armageddon. The book recording my life is still open, with much yet to be recorded. I desire to live fully for Christ and the church, investing daily my energy, time, emotion, mind, heart, strength in advancing the kingdom of God. As I rest during this break at the end of the year, restore and refresh me, most Holy Lord.

Malachi 1

God of the angel armies is not pleased with the worship offered by the priests and the people of Israel. They have minimized worship, and the temple, and the animals they bring for sacrifices are not their best. I take note of this indictment against the chosen people, and will guard against it in my life, and in the life of the church which I have the privilege to pastor. Guide me Lord as I seek to worship you in spirit and in truth, offering the very best I have in praise of your Holy Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment