Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 21, 2010

12-21-10 Tuesday, 6:20 am Springfield – 41 degrees, cloudy.

There is a lot to be done today! We have staff prayer at 9, worship planning at 10:15, a funeral lunch at 11:30, funeral at 2, and staff Christmas party from 6-9. Lord, give me the strength, wisdom and courage to do all that needs to be done to serve you with joy today.

Rev 12:1-17
This is a most interesting chapter. It involves the vision of a woman giving birth, and opposed by the dragon. Jesus is clearly the child that is born, and Satan is the enemy. There is great tumult, great conflict that ensues, with specific details. This chapter reminds me of the real and present conflict in this world of the powers and principalities warring against God and the people of the Way. I must never forget this unseen, but very present darkness, and struggle in every way, fully utilizing the spiritual power of the weapons described in Ephesians 6.

Dr. Jim Combs, (now attending Wesley) has written a study guide to Revelation entitled Rainbows from Revelation, which I find helpful. His interpretation of this chapter is that it is partly a flashback, and mostly a look into the future conflict during the tribulation. This is one among many interesting possibilities. This book of Revelation is so valuable for the believer to study, ponder, read, absorb. And, I observe that many people avoid this book of the Bible because of its complexity, and because of the conflict that it describes, still to come on earth.

Guide me Lord as I live out this season of my life, during this period of history on earth. Even as the moon was fully eclipsed by the earth last night, guard me from this present darkness, and may the light of Christ never be eclipsed by anything that would come between me and your eternal light. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment