Friday, December 3, 2010

December 3, 2010

12-3-10 Friday, 7:48 am Springfield, 26 degrees, clear

I John 3:7-24
“Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. Our actions will show that we belong to the truth, so we will be confident when we stand before God.” (18-19) I am drinking coffee from a mug that says Wesley 2011 Worship – Care – Serve and these verses remind me that this is the mission and the measure of belonging to Christ, to the Truth, and gives us confidence as we stand before God.

Psalm 122:1-9

“I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the Lord.’” (verse 1) Worshipping God, standing within the gates is a joy, a privilege, a longing for those who truly love Him and are called according to His purposes. Worship is an obligation and an external exercise for those going through the motions, desiring to appear religious. I desire to stir up in every believer a heart for passionate worship that will transform every moment from ordinary to holy.

I am yours, most Holy One. I desire to show the truth by my actions, that I belong to You. On this day of the week that you endured the cross, despising its shame, may I live a cruciform life, in the midst of this generation, during this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment