Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 20, 2011

3-20-11 Sunday, 5:34 am Springfield, 53 degrees, Supra full moon glowing through the haze.

I intentionally went to bed early last night (9:45), and am rested and ready for this day. The birds have started singing, even though there is no daylight, just the light of the “supra” full moon, as it is the closest to earth in its 19 year cycle (someday I will study the solar system again and get a clear picture of the planets, sun and moon.) In my mind, I am almost clear, but can’t put my finger on what happens every 28 days with the moon, and what this 19 year cycle amounts to. I know that Venus appears in the morning, but can’t exactly picture why it disappears. There are many other things I have a fuzzy knowledge about, such as auto mechanics, that if I studied I would gain clarity. But, alas, there is only so much time. I want to be clear about discipleship, and what it takes to grow in faith and in love.

This morning I am preaching/teaching about the growth choice. I am using a difficult parable to start with, and my hope is to create a wholesome desire to grow. Christ is the answer, a life filled with the presence of Jesus and lived surrendered to his will is a growing life.

Philippians 3:7-15

Paul states that whatever things were gain to him, he has counted as loss for the sake of Christ. The focus of his life is knowing Christ Jesus as his Lord, gaining Christ, being found in Him, that he might know Him and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to his death, in order that he might obtain the resurrection from the dead. Yes!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment