Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 31, 2011

3-31-11 Thursday, 6:13 am Springfield, 34 degrees

I am looking forward to Bethany’s senior recital tomorrow. She has been working hard all semester to get prepared. It will be a blessing to hear her sing the culmination of her college work in vocal performance.

Isaiah 64
In verses 1-7 the prophet longs for God to “rend the heavens and come down”, and laments that even as God acts in behalf of the one who waits for Him, the people have sinned. “For all of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment.” (verse 6)

Verses 8 and 9 are some of the most often quoted scriptures from Isaiah: “But now, O Lord, Thou are our Father, we are the clay, and thou our potter; and all of us are the work of thy hand. Do not be angry beyond measure, O Lord, neither remember iniquities forever; behold, look now, all of us are Thy people.”

Yes Lord, you are the potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me, after thy will. Even as I hear the birds singing outside the kitchen window, my heart is filled with praise for you, and my will is fully bent to thine. May every thought, every word, every action of mine be molded and shaped to accomplish your purposes through my life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment