Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8, 2011

3-8-11 Tuesday, 6:50 am Springfield, 41 degrees, raining.

I have a full week of work ahead, and I am rested and ready. We had a good trip home from O’Fallon and spent a relaxing evening watching a couple of movies here at home. Today I look forward to greeting kids as they arrive at our preschool, praying with the staff, leading the worship planning process, leading the Sunday task force, and leading the Baxter Life Group.

Isaiah 44

Verse 3: “For I will pour out water on the thirsty land and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants;” I made a note in the margin of this Bible “A promise to Bruce Baxter recognized on 8-20-84.” This would have been when Audrey was 4 ½ months along with David, who was born in January, 85. The theme of this chapter is comfort to the people of God, which speaks directly to the people who follow Christ in 2011.

Verse 2: “Thus says the Lord who made you and formed you from the womb, who will help you, ‘do not fear, O Jacob My servant; and you Jeshurun whom I have chosen.’” Jeshurun is a term that indicates “informed affection”, that God holds His people in his heart (Oswald). It is comforting to know, that even as I hold my offspring in my heart on a daily basis, my creator holds me in His heart, and I am among the Jeshurun.

Water for a dry land is a promise of renewal, of which the people of God are in constant need. Even as I hear rain on the roof this morning, and think of my little garden plot in which I worked the dirt last week, I recognize that I am in need of renewal, and must live in the presence of the living water of God.

Guide me today Lord as I serve You with joy. May my thoughts be your thoughts, my words your words, my actions fully according to your will and purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment