Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9, 2011

3-9-11 Ash Wednesday, 6:37 am Springfield, 36 degrees, cloudy.

Today is the beginning of Lent, a season of preparation for the celebration of Easter. I have breakfast with a pastor, morning staff meeting, executive leadership team in the afternoon. We will have a service tonight at 6:00 pm at Wesley in which there will be singing, a brief meditation, and a time of commitment around the imposition of ashes to the forehead or hand of worshippers. I always appreciate the dedication and devotion of people who attend Ash Wednesday services and adopt Lenten disciplines.

Isaiah 45

Verses 23-24 “I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness and will not turn back, that to me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance. They will say of Me, ‘Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength.’”

Yes Lord! Your word is powerful, sharper than a double edged sword. I bow my knee to You, I swear allegiance to You, in whom is righteousness and strength! Guide me every step this day, my every word, every thought, every idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment