Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011

3-7-11 Monday, 6:10 am O”Fallon, 33 degrees, cloudy

I have just awakened from a good night's sleep here at David and Danelle’s apartment, after a long and fulfilling day of ministry. Preaching at the three services at SunRise, lunch with the Blues, church reception from 2:30 – 6:00 and dinner with the Casillas involved great fellowship, wonderful reconnecting, and lots of memories. We drive home this morning, and then focus on a full week of ministry at Wesley.

Isaiah 44

In this chapter God reminds the people the difference between God the creator, and gods that are no gods at all, carved out of wood, or made by the blacksmith. “God, King of Israel, your Redeemer, God-of-the-angel-armies, says: ‘I’m first, I’m last, and everything in between. I’m the only God there is.’” (verse 6)

The church is of God and will remain until the end of time. Being at SunRise this weekend has reminded me of the power of God to birth a community, and the work of the Holy Spirit to sustain it. As the founding pastor, entrusted with the visioning process and the design of the body life, I am amazed at the work of God that is changing lives and “populating heaven”. This gives me even greater energy to be about the work of pastoring and shepherding the Wesley congregation.

Guide me today Lord, as I drive highway 44 and rest in preparation for a great week of serving you in the community called Wesley United Methodist Church, Springfield, Missouri, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment