Friday, March 25, 2011

March 25, 2011

3-25-11 Friday, 7:22 am Springfield, 33 degrees, rain, with bits of ice (sleet?).

Yesterday and today are developing into strenuous days in my schedule. My message for Sunday is shaping up well around the theme of the wounded healer, and I will use a biographical approach to illustrate, featuring the writings and life of Henri Nouwen. Tomorrow we have the United Methodist Men’s meeting, and then the 10:00 staff parish meeting. I had a nice visit with Steve P. Last night, from whom I purchased the Concours, as I picked up from him an old windshield, a tank bag and extra keys for the bike. I am glad to have made his acquaintance, and I look forward to developing that friendship.

Isaiah 59

The opening verse of this chapter describes the strength of the Lord, verses 2-15 describe how the people’s iniquities have made a separation between them and God, and the last paragraph, 15b-21 describes what God sees and what God will do.

Verse 1: “Behold, the Lord’s hand is not so short that it cannot save; neither is His ear so dull that it cannot hear.”

Verse 21: “’And as for Me, this is My covenant with them,’ says the Lord: ‘My Spirit which is upon you, and my words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your offspring ... from now and forever.’”

This chapter contains a microcosm of the message of the gospel – God is strong, people have sinned, God will save. Guide me Lord as I live this today, as I work hard in the life of the body of Christ, seeking righteousness, honesty. May nothing separate me from You in the work of this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment