Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 22, 2011

3-22-11 Tuesday, 6:15 am Springfield, 61 degrees, heading toward a high of 80, with 40 mph winds.

Yesterday was a very good sabbath. I feel rested and that the day included accomplishing several items around the house. This is slightly conflicted, as a sabbath is best when nothing is “done” (I was intentional not to “do” any work related to church, and am ready to dive into that work today.) My lawn is fertilized, my garage trim is painted, I got the motorcycle inspected and sold the scooter (thanks Joe!). Today will begin a busy week. I have a breakfast meeting with a couple of pastors from another church who are interested in the “Contagious Christian” small group series we did two years ago. At nine we pray as a staff, at 10we meet for worship planning. This afternoon I chair the district ordained ministry team, at 4:30 meet with the Sunday Morning Experience team, and at 6:30 host our life group. Guide me holy Lord on this day.

Isaiah 56

Those who keep God’s sabbath, who choose what pleases Him, who hold fast to his covenant, who minister to Him, who love the name of the Lord “even those will I bring to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My house of prayer... for my house will be called a house of prayer for all people.” (verse 7)

Thank you Lord for this chapter and its implications. May my work today be part of leading people to fully participate in your House of Prayer, in guiding them to choose what pleases you, and holding fast to your covenant. May this be true in my life each hour of this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment