Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mardh 26, 2011

3-26-11 Saturday, 6:33 am Springfield, 36 degrees, lightening, thunder.

Interesting weather as we march through the season! Lows in the 20s for the next three nights. Yesterday I finally got to the gym, and my body is adequately sore, reflective of a decent workout. Today we have the UMM breakfast, then a 10:00 staff parish meeting with our district superintendent and the new pastor assigned in conjunction with our college-age ministry grant. Yesterday I conducted two exit interviews for staff departing employment at Wesley – one was very pleasant, one very difficult. Tomorrow I wrap up the series “Life Hurts, God Heals” as I teach about the concept of the wounded healer.

Isaiah 60

Chapters 60-62 are the centerpiece of the section including chapters 56-66. Oswald identifies 8 themes occurring throughout these three chapters: “God will save his people; he will give light to them; he will share his glory with them; the nations will be drawn to what they see of God in Israel; they will restore Zions’s children to her; they will bring their wealth to give to Israel’s God; those who had oppressed Israel will be brought low and she will be exalted over them; she will both experience and exemplify the righteousness of God.” Oswalt, page 535)

As I read this chapter, I was struck by the line in verse 6 which says “They will bring gold and frankincense, and will bear good news of the praises of the Lord.” This points to Jesus, to the wise men and their gifts, and to the gospel entrusted to the church.

May my work today bring glory to you, most holy Lord. May your righteousness be evident through my life today and through your church.

No comments:

Post a Comment