Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12, 2012

Winter is back! After nearly 2 weeks of above average temperatures and nice days, light snow is on the ground and the wind chill is in single digits. I love winter weather. Even when I must be out in it as I make a hospital call this morning, I enjoy the challenge of adverse conditions. Last night I read the third email written by Audrey from our team in Honduras, and it is inspiring. Here is a portion:

“We have only been working two days, yet it feels like at least a week.
We are so immersed in these projects. Yet without our interactions with
the Hondurans, this would be just "work." We are deeply impacted by the
love shown us. This is ministry, no greater or lesser than any other,
but powerful in its impact due to the immediate differences we see from our "regular"
lives. What we get used to seems normal. So we are rich, but don't know it. We
are privileged and want more. We seek entertainment, when what we really need
is interaction and service. We are being recalibrated, and we are liking it.”

Matthew 10

Jesus summoned his twelve disciples, and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every kind of disease and every kind of sickness. He sent them out with specific instructions to go to the lost sheep of Israel and to preach that “the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Jesus sent them out as sheep among wolves encouraging them to “be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.” (Verse 16)

Guide my steps today, most holy Lord as I serve in the power of your Holy Spirit. Fill me, use me, recalibrate me, as I walk by faith in this generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment