Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012

Audrey and the Honduras team are at the KC airport, awaiting their 6 am flight to Atlanta. Last year the snowy weather was an issue, today there should be no weather delays. I will track both of their flights with an app on my Droid. Bethany had a good weekend in Costa Mesa as she was a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding. Our Sunday at Wesley went well, with strong attendance and a good spirit throughout the body. I will invest this day off in Sabbath type activities, which will include some work around the house and garage, a workout (27 days until the marathon), and some flight time as the Cherokee is back on line from its required “annual.” I will also watch the John Wesley movie that I have had from the library for two weeks. It was made in the last couple of years, but did not do well at the box office.

Matthew 7

Do not judge. Tend the log in your own eye before you work on the speck in someone else’s eye. Do not give what is holy to dogs. Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you shall find. This third chapter of Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount is full of wisdom and truth. It concludes with the application metaphor of building one’s house on sand or on a rock. My goal has always been to build my life on the solid foundation of obedience to God and alignment with the Word. Today is one more day, one more brick in the construction of the life of Bruce Baxter.

Guide me today most Holy Lord as I live each moment for you. Bless and guide the Honduras team as they fly from Kansas City to Atlanta, and then on to Tegucigalpa. Bless my adult children as they pursue their lives in the shadow of your wings. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment