Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 29, 2012

My message today is designed to provide hope and assurance that God works all things together for good for those who love God, that God is present always, and that God’s love will prevail. I feel a great weight of responsibility for this message, as it is critical for a confident walk with God. I saw the group Jars of Clay in concert on Monday night at First UMC, Richardson. They take their name from Paul’s writings in II Cor 4:16-18:

Having stated that “we have this treasure in clay jars” the Apostle Paul wrote from his prison cell – “We do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” God’s presence shines through the cracks of our broken lives.

Inspire my words, fill my mind with Your thoughts, guide me countenance that it may reflect Your glory today, most holy, present, prevailing Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment