Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3, 2012

Yesterday I completed 21 miles on the Katy trail, averaging 10:58 per mile. The temperature was 34 degrees with strong winds. The trail was empty except for a hiker from California and a bicyclist. I started at Weldon Springs, and stopped at the tavern in Augusta and bought a Gatorade to refill my water bottle. In the afternoon I picked up Bethany from the train station in St. Louis as she returned from Chicago. We had lunch at the City Diner next to the Fox. Tomorrow she heads back to L.A.

27 years ago today David was born in St. Luke’s hospital. He and Danelle have the day off work to celebrate his birthday. I enjoyed seeing them during the holidays, and spending Sunday night at their home as I delivered a bed and dining room table we had been storing in our house.

Today life in America returns to “normal”, with schools back in session, businesses open, etc. I will be at the office for staff prayers, worship planning, and work on Spring 2012 material. I am looking forward to getting back to a more regular schedule after the holidays.

Psalm 2

“Worship the Lord with reverence, and rejoice with trembling…How blessed are all who take refuge in Him.” (Verses 11-12) Yes! I will worship You Lord with reverence, today, and every day until the end. May my steps be ordered by your word, and my way aligned with The Way. Guide my steps most holy Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment