Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 7, 2012

Matthew 6:1-24 (from the One Year Bible)

Jesus provides practical teaching on living a life that pleases God. His instructions include: how to give alms, how to pray, where to store your treasure so it is not ruined. In this section he teaches what is commonly referred to as “The Lord’s Prayer.” He also states that “where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” It just occurred to me that perhaps many people in my culture think often about retirement because they have retirement plans and accounts that are well-resourced, thus causing them to allow their heart to drift often to retirement. I know that I think about it now and then. It would seem better to regularly focus on heaven, one’s final retirement, and the treasures that one has stored up there.

Prayer is a regular part of my life. I record some of my prayers in the morning here in this journal which I publish daily as a blog, and then I pray throughout the day.I pray as I drive, as I work at my desk, when I think of a person and their situation. Because of reading this scripture this morning, I will be more conscious today of my prayer as Jesus modeled and taught.

Guide me thoughts, my steps, my study, my visits, my interactions throughout this day, holy Lord that I might represent you, obey you, follow you and lead others to a closer walk with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment