Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6, 2012

I am looking forward to the work of shepherding today, as I work on my weekend message and follow up on correspondence, planning and pastoral concerns. Yesterday I had a good motorcycle ride (see detailed account at end of this blog.)

Psalm 6; Proverbs 1:29-33 (The One Year Bible)

Guide my steps today Lord as I serve You through the pastoral office. May the preparations I make, the people I speak with, the problems I address be according to your wisdom, always empowered by your unfailing love. Guard me from missteps, discouragement; lead me in Your righteousness, make my way plain, increase my courage and my love.

Four-state Motorcycle adventure:

I left yesterday morning about 9:15 heading south on 160. I crossed Table Rock Lake at Kimberling City, then into Arkansas at Blue Eye, stopping for gas at Berryville. Chatting it up with a truck driver I followed his advice and headed south on 21, then west on 412 to Siloam Springs. I ate my lunch of left over turkey in the city park of the Two Springs. I read from chapter 2 of Jefferson’s The Minister as Shepherd. I had a nice conversation with a fellow walking by named Emerson, executive director of a not-for-profit emphasizing wellness through diet and exercise. We chatted about his BMW 1100 and his accident last year. I headed into Oklahoma and then south on scenic 10 toward Tahlequah. Reversing course, I proceeded north on Oklahoma 10, joining 59 north to Miami. Riding the historic route 66 I got gas in Baxter Springs Kansas, and then picked up 400 east to 44, and then raced the twilight to Springfield. 354 miles, from 9:15 am till 6:00 pm, with a few stops along the way. I feel refreshed, renewed, aired out and ready for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment