Monday, August 16, 2010

August 16, 2010

8-16-10 Monday, 6:11 am Springfield, 65 degrees, clear.

Today will be a beautiful day, with noon temps around 76. I am going fishing with Anthony to Roaring River. I have not been fishing (nor boating) yet this year, something I always hope to do more often, but each year seems to roll by with less opportunity.

I Cor 10:14-33
Paul continues to address the question relative to believers in his day, “should I eat meat that was dressed at an idol temple?” He gives good advice, “you may eat any meat that is sold in the marketplace without raising questions of conscience. For the earth is the Lord’s and everything in it”. He goes on to say that if anyone points out to you that this meat was offered to an idol, then don’t eat it, for the sake of the one who pointed it out. What are the similar issues in our day? I think that beverage alcohol is in this category. It is potentially very harmful for many, it seems okay for some. I have made the decision to consume no alcohol at all, for the sake of leadership position I hold and the influence I have.

Most holy Lord, guide me steps, my thoughts, my actions today as I enjoy being outdoors in the Ozarks with my nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment