Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August 4, 2010

8-04-10 Wednesday, 8:10 am Springfield, 75 degrees, sunny

Last evening I drove a borrowed car to St. Louis and back with a friend who drove my Explorer towing my trailer, as we went to retrieve my ailing Kawasaki. It will go to the shop today, for diagnosis of electrical problems, regular maintenance, and the installation of two new tires. I got home after midnight, and am dragging just a little. Today we will meet as a team and consider the planning for Spring 2011, and in the afternoon several of us will consider the main lobby area – its flow, content, etc.

II Chronicles 35
Josiah organizes the largest Passover celebration since Samuel. 30,000 lambs and young goats plus 3,000 cattle were provided by the king for the people’s Passover offerings. The priests, Levites, musicians, all took a role in celebrating this great feast remembering God’s hand in delivering His people from Egypt.

Interestingly, in verse 20 the current king of Egypt, Neco, comes marching with his troops heading for a battle at Carchemish on the Eupharates River (modern Iraq?). Josiah musters troops to go out and oppose his cutting through the area, and Neco sends word that God has told him to hurry. Josiah ignores Neco’s request to let them pass, and in disguise gets shot by an archer and then dies. Verse 22 affirms that God had indeed spoken to Neco!

Guide me Lord as I listen for your guidance and trust you to lead my steps, and direct my decisions today.

No comments:

Post a Comment