Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 29, 2010

8-29-10 Sunday, 5:54 am Springfield

The house and lawn look nice and I am ready for the morning. Time on Sunday morning always seems to pass faster than on other days as the minutes tick away. The question I ask myself about my message today is “what is unique, what is the take away this morning?” As I read John 15, the key is being connected to Jesus, and historically the people of God gravitate toward becoming disconnected from God.

John 15
Jesus describes the oneness with Him as replicating the oneness he has with the Father. Characteristic of this oneness is love and obedience. This relates directly to Gal 5:22 and 23 which begins with love as the fruit of the spirit, and the fruits that follow are aspects of love. All of the fruits of the spirit are proven in relationships, and are not simply feelings.

Guide me today Lord as I walk with you through this morning of worship, leading hearers to a closer walk with you and a greater connection to the vine resulting in greater fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment