Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1, 2010

8-1-10 Sunday, 6:08 am Springfield, 74 degrees, cloudy, very pleasant.

I have been up for an hour, making coffee, checking email, writing to Audrey in Honduras. I am now on the back deck, with humming birds visiting the feeder every minute, a crow on the neighbor's peak, and the automatic sprinkler watering the backyard next door. I will read the daily scripture, then get ready for the day. I will aim to be at church by 7:15 am ( a little early since I am the only full time pastor at Wesley today.)

Romans 15:1-22

Verse 13 “I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”

I have been meditating upon this verse. I will walk today filled completely with joy and peace, overflowing with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. This is not a pipe dream nor an unreachable goal. I truly do experience being filled completely with joy and peace. As a servant of Christ, I desire to lead others to this same confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you Lord for this day of pastoral ministry. I thank you for those who have prepared to bring the Word and lead in the sacraments. Guide me as I serve throughout the morning, and prepare for the upcoming series and intensity of the daily pastoral office. In the precious name of Jesus, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment