Friday, August 27, 2010

August 27, 2010

8-27-10 Friday, 6:24 am Springfield 57 degrees, clear

Another beautiful morning dawns in the Ozarks. Yesterday the Wesley staff had a very good trip to Tulsa and visit with the staff of Asbury UMC, led by Tom Harrison. In the evening I took my nephew Stefan shopping for his birthday. We had a really good time as he turned 14 and seems to be making good progress. Today I look forward to working hard on my sermon, the self-study and the pilot leadership training.

II Cor 1:12-2:11

In this section Paul directly communicates with the church at Corinth about his sincerity and his plans. There are things he will say in this letter that need their attention, and he has chosen not to visit them, but rather to write and then later to visit. There were carnal, professing Christians who were discrediting Paul’s ministry. In this letter, much of it autobiographical, “he demonstrates from his own ministry the impulse of all true Christian living and service – total dedication to God in all circumstances.” (From Jim Comb’s introduction to this chapter in the Tim LaHaye Prophecy Study Bible.

This passage impacts me this morning as a pastor and leader of a healthy congregation of Christ-followers. My goal is to maximize the reach and fruitfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ in my generation. Reviewing the content and contributors to the Tim LaHaye Study Bible, I am inspired once again to write and publish. Guide me today Lord as I study, prepare, and encourage your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment