Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22, 2010

8-22-10 Sunday, 5:55 am Springfield, 72 degrees, dark.

It is never easy for me to arise, but this morning I awoke just before my 5:30 alarm, and made my body get up. There is much to do today, and I will work hard on the finishing touches for this morning’s sermon.

Titus 1:1-16

Paul writes to his protégé who is leading the church on the island of Crete. He tells him what to look for in leaders, and what to do with those who seek to lead people astray from the truth. This morning I will apply this chapter to contrast the teaching of scientology as I conclude this series on new religions and cults.
This has been a strenuous week at the church - three funerals, plus many activities and groups.

I am really looking forward this morning to each hour of worship – the music, the prayers, the word, the message. Guide me Lord as I lead and serve you today

No comments:

Post a Comment