Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 10, 2010

11-10-10 Wednesday, 6:38 am Springfield, 54 degrees, clear.

Ezekiel 21-22
21:26 “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: ‘Take off your jeweled crown, for the old order changes. Now the lowly will be exalted, and the mighty will be brought down.” The prophet is delivering God’s word to the people of Jerusalem, and also to the Ammonites and others.

22:30 “I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land, and I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one.” I desire to be one who “rebuilds the wall of righteousness” and who “stands in the gap” in my generation. There is unique work for every person to do, and today I will live out God’s will for me and for my work in the Kingdom.

Guide me Holy Lord as I meet with pastors, pray with leaders, pursue the projects on my desk that represent the work of the church, moving forward day by day as the old order changes. Help me to exalt the lowly and speak directly to the mighty. I thank you for my returning health, and recovery from this sore throat and cold. May my work bring you honor and glory today.

No comments:

Post a Comment