Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8, 2010

11-8-10, Monday, 7:00 am Springfield, 45 degrees, sunny My “enter” key is stuck, making typing a little difficult. I will work around it as best I can. If the Hebrews could write without vowels, and some Greek manuscripts had no spaces, then I should be able to work around a stuck “enter” key. Hebrews 9:1-10 Verses 9-10 state that the “old system” (of tabernacle, holy of holies, ark of the covenant, etc) “is an illustration pointing to the present time.” For that “old system deals only with food and drink and various cleansing ceremonies-physical regulations that were in effect only until a better system could be established.” (verse 10) Yesterday in worship we celebrated holy communion, the remembering of the “new system” that God has put in place through Jesus Christ, and the forgiveness of sins through the blood of the new covenant. As I sit here in Missouri on this beautiful fall morning, I am thankful for the unfolding of the kingdom of God and the new life possible through Jesus Christ. I do not take this for granted, and I recognize that this is at the core of my life, my hope, and all eternity. I am yours today, most holy Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment