Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 4, 2010

11-4-10 Thursday, 7:40 am Springfield, 37 degrees, windy.

Ezekiel 10:1-11:25 (yesterday at lunch with John Strong I learned that Ezekiel was the topic of his dissertation at Union)
11:16b “I will be a sanctuary to you during your time in exile.” God himself will be a sanctuary to a people who are scattered far from the temple, which has been destroyed. I believe this is still true, that God is a sanctuary to those who call upon his name.

11:19-20 “And I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their stony, stubborn heart and give them a tender, responsive heart, so they will obey my decrees and regulations. Then they will truly be my people, and I will be their God.”

It would be interesting to write an essay engaging the topic of vision, leadership, building programs and the place of God. I am thinking of the famous building programs in the Bible – Noah’s ark, the tabernacle, the temple, Nehemiah’s reconstruction of the walls, all in light of Ezekiel’s 11:16 “I will be a sanctuary to you…” Interestingly, Jesus did not lead any type of building project, even as He used the imagery of cornerstone and foundation. Down through history, great buildings have been built, in Europe and America, and Egypt etc., at great cost and sacrifice. I need to continue in this vein as I ponder leadership, vision, God’s future and the body of Christ.

Thank you Lord for this sunny, windy, chilly November day. Guide me as I serve you with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment