Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 24, 2010

11-24-10 Wednesday, 5:29 am Springfield, 42 degrees, windy, moist.

Overnight I heard the rain come hard for a few minutes. The weather reminds me of life itself, with periods of calm and delight, lows and highs, inclement and favorable. Life has its contrasts, its unpredictability, and its radical changes that are surprising yet somewhat predictable. I am so blessed in my station in life, and in my understanding of eternity with the perspective this gives me on uncertainties.

As I type the date at the beginning of each journal entry I am reminded of the passing of time. Day after day, night after night, all of us move forward chronologically as though we are on a ship together making a passage through space, as well as time. The twenty-fourth of November, 2010 is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and give thanks.

Ezekiel 47-48
A river will run from the temple into the Dead sea. It will be fresh water, and cause all sorts of fish to thrive in the Dead, and will support trees along its banks that constantly bear fruit for food and their leaves for healing. This reminds me of Jesus’ statement about “living water”.

I Pet 2:11-3:7
I referred to verse 11 in my sermon on Sunday, as Peter writes “I warn you as ‘temporary residents (KJV pilgrims) and foreigners’ to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls.” All of us who follow Christ are really “pilgrims”, sojourners in this life on our way to eternity. Psalm 119:54 says “Your decrees have been the theme of my songs wherever I have lived.”

Guide me Lord as a pilgrim through time and space, en route to eternity and life on the other side of the river. Use this particular day to your glory and the advancing of your kingdom on earth. I pray in Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment