Sunday, November 14, 2010

November 14, 2010

11-14-10 Sunday, 5:48 am Springfield, 29 degrees, clear.

I just texted my friend Malcolm in England, as a pop up on my laptop from Skype alerted me to his being online. I have been “online” with my heavenly Father this morning, and still am as I prayerfully prepare for this day.

Hebrews 11:32 – 12:13
The writer reminds us, down through time, until time shall not exist, that in addition to the ones named - Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Rahab, Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel who by faith “overthrew kingdoms, ruled with justice, and received what God had promised them – there were others who were tortured, refusing to turn from God in order to be set free. They placed their hope in a better life after the resurrection.” (verse 35b) This 11th chapter of Hebrews describes “altogether” followers of God. It leads directly into the instruction for me, and for each of us who desire to be altogether Christians:
“Let us lay aside every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.” (12:1b-2a)

Guide me today Lord as I speak your word, admonish, encourage, challenge those who hear to become fully devoted followers of You and the Way set before us. I pray for confidence, clarity, wisdom, compassion, strength and power in the ministry of Your Word today.

No comments:

Post a Comment