Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November 9, 2010

11-9-10 Tuesday, 6:59 am Springfield, 48 degrees, clear.

My throat is a little better, as I have been using a salt-water gargle. Francis Asbury struggled with many physical problems and just kept going. His strength and fruitfulness continue to inspire me, as I have this slight, momentary affliction. Yesterday I spent the morning writing about the questions raised at the town hall meetings concerning the HCI and the 5 prescriptions. In the afternoon Audrey and I enjoyed lunch together, and then I took my Droid to Verizon and learned several shortcuts, including how to install widgets. I hope to use the Facebook widget to “update my status” and chronicle my daily walk with God.

Ezekiel 20:1-49 August 14, 7th year of Jehoiachin’s captivity in Babylon.
Some of the leaders of Israel come to Ezekiel and “request a message from the Lord”. The resulting chapter is the message from the Lord, beginning with His indignation that these leaders would request such a message, because they and their people have been so rebellious and have refused to obey what God had shown them through Moses. In verses 18-20 God says “Then I warned their children not to follow in their parents footsteps, defiling themselves with their idols. I am the Lord your God, I told them. Follow my decrees, pay attention to my regulations, and keep my Sabbath days holy, for they are a sign to remind you that I am the Lord your God.” This passage has many implications for all who follow God. It is so important to follow his decrees and to pay attention to his regulations. Keeping Sabbath days holy – I continue to ponder what this means for believers. I observed my weekly Sabbath rest yesterday, and even so I “worked” several hours. I would like to read and discern more about what other Christian leaders have concluded about keeping Sabbath days holy.

Today, I will work on planning worship, meeting with leaders, supporting the mission and work of Wesley United Methodist Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment