Friday, November 5, 2010

November 5, 2010

11-5-10 Friday, 7:00 am Springfield, 30 degrees

Hebrews 7:1-17
Jesus is a priest after the order of Melchizedek. This chapter describes the role that Melchizedek (king of justice) played in the life of Abraham. It also briefly describes the priestly roles given through Moses to Aaron and the tribe of Levi. Verse 17 is a quote from Psalm 110:4, a prophecy concerning Jesus: “You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek.”

Jesus fills many roles, and this morning I will focus on His priesthood. As the high priest, He also was the sacrifice, and also was the temple. His once and for all offering for sin has led to each of us participating in the “priesthood of all believers”. So, as a pastor, I serve some “priestly” roles in the congregation, and I encourage, empower, lead people to take hold of the role each of us has of representing God to those who do not know Him yet.

Today I dedicate to working on my sermon for the weekend, and at 2:00 I have a visit with one whom I baptized a few weeks ago. Guide me Holy Lord as I live and serve you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment