Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22, 2010

11-22-10 Monday, 6:36 am Springfield, 66 warm degrees, winds 20 mph from the south.

I really enjoyed the worship services at Wesley yesterday morning. The music was great, there was a wonderful spirit throughout the building, and I had several friends visiting, from Springfield and beyond. At the end of each service we brought our “estimate of giving” cards forward as a sign of our faith, and what a blessing to watch as folks made their way to the prayer rail with their commitment cards.
Audrey and I enjoyed lunch with friends visiting from St. Louis, and in the afternoon I visited my nephew at Boys and Girls town, we played the card game “Nine Hole Golf” and had good conversation. It was great to talk with our daughter Bethany in the evening, who is finishing her 7th semester at Azusa and planning for graduate school, taking the GRE this week.

I Peter 1:1-16
Verses 13-16 are a call to holy living: “Therefore prepare your minds for action, discipline yourselves, set all your hope on the grace that Jesus Christ will bring you when he is revealed. … do not be conformed to the desires that you formerly had in ignorance. Instead, as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in all your conduct.”

As I live today in obedience to your word and purposes, I set apart every action, every thought to your will, seeking to be holy, even as You are holy. Rather than being presumptuous, I desire to fulfill your admonition to “be holy, for I am holy.” Guide me into your holiness of heart and life, most precious Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment