Saturday, November 13, 2010

November 13, 2010

11-13-10 Saturday, 7:57 am Springfield, 39 degrees, cloudy, first day of deer season.

This feels like a very typical November morning. I have the gas fireplace warming this room, and my Bible and books next to me. This morning I will read, pray, study, and write, then make a pastoral visit to a single dad whose baby we baptize tomorrow. I will make phone calls to my yellow cards, encourage the folks at the church garage sale, exercise, and return home for more reading and writing. Thank you Lord for this day, use me as your servant leader as you choose.
My topic for tomorrow’s message centers around being an authentic, altogether follower of Christ. As I write this journal, and post it as a blog I am very conscious of the temptation to pretend, to put forth a good impression, etc. My goal is to always be authentic and sincere, that the reality of God’s presence and power may flow through me to others. I treasure this quiet time, alone at home, to nurture the relationship with my savior.

Psalm 111:1-10

“I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them.” (verses 1-2) One of my points tomorrow, coming from Kenda Dean’s book is that an authentic Christian has a powerful story of God’s work in their life. Cultivating this in an established congregation is a clear task. This week as I was visiting with a pastor whose wife was having surgery, he told me about his call to ministry when he was 18 – a truly powerful, clear move of God during a worship service. I want to be used of God in more lives encountering Him in clear ways.

This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment