Friday, November 25, 2011

November 25, 2011

Turkey trot in finished in 26:50 (8:40 per mile), almost 2 minutes better than my 28:47 last year. I have always known that regular workouts increase one’s capacity, but it is refreshing to see the benefit in actual results. I placed 1110th overall, 34th out of 181 men my age (55-59).

I Peter 3:

“Honor Christ and let him be the Lord of your life. Always be ready to give an answer when someone asks you about your hope.” (I Peter 3:15) This is a simple, direct admonition with infinite implications. To honor Christ and to let him be the Lord of your life is the gist of discipleship. This is the heart of the life of faith. I desire to fully live out this instruction from Peter. He might not have had me in mind 2000 years ago when he wrote it, but in God’s infinite capacity He knew me. Even as I search the results from yesterday’s turkey trot and am amazed at the detail and capacity of the technology that records and reports the results, I believe that God knows everything all the time, a capacity that is unimaginable.

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteous. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus’ name. The words of this great hymn of the church are my words this morning as the sky begins to lighten with the dawn of a new day. Guide me today most holy Lord as I honor you and live patiently with you as Lord of my life. Use me to teach and demonstrate this lordship to others near and far.

No comments:

Post a Comment