Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011

2 Peter 2
The apostle raises the issue of false teachers in the church. He reminds the readers that in the former days false prophets spoke to the people of Israel. It seems that these false teachers are like Balaam, who have gone down the wrong path and are motivated by selfish ambition and pleasure. As I read this chapter it stands out as being beyond my experience. In my ministry I have not faced this problem in the church. I am aware that across Christianity there are false teachers, but I have not had to deal with this other than at a philosophical level.

My goal is to daily search the scriptures, to constantly hone and sharpen my understanding of scripture and the pastoral ministry. I am blessed to be appointed to Wesley, a church with a rich and healthy history, and a bright and promising future. Leading into the healthy future with a clear mission and vision is a joy and is all consuming.

Guide me holy Lord on this Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment