Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12, 2012

The Green Room ministry was a blessing last night! It is the college ministry of Wesley UMC. Pastor Kerner was out of town at a seminar, and I brought the message and designed the discussion questions around the concepts of Sacred Pathways by Gary Thomas. Meeting at St. Paul UMC near the square in downtown Springfield, the building was filled with a pungent odor of glue or paint thinner as it is being remodeled. There was concern that the fumes where too strong to tolerate, so we shortened the service. The ministry leaders were glad that so many males were in attendance.

This morning I will talk with the preschoolers in the sanctuary at Wesley about the work of a pastor, and the symbols of the office. It is a privilege to be involved in lives all across the span of human development. I love being a pastor, and I am feeling the strains of exertion and responsibility. In a couple of weeks I have a few days to rest and recover from this season.

Hebrews 7

Jesus is a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. He became such, “not on the law of physical requirement, but according to the power of an indestructible life.” (Verse 16) This chapter continues the theme of the book of Hebrews that Jesus is superior to all the elements of the Jewish religious system. He is a priest forever, and “He is able to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.” (Verse 25)

Guide me today, Holy High Priest, as I serve you through the office of pastor here in Springfield in the United Methodist system. I worship You alone; my life is in your hands. May my words, actions, thoughts and plans be precisely according to your Spirit’s leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment