Friday, April 13, 2012

April 13, 2012

Audrey and I went on a long walk last night after dinner, talking and enjoying the setting sun and onset of dusk. The Cherokee Middle School has a nice paved pathway plus a track. Yesterday I spoke (along with Pastor Mi Hyeon) to the pre-school classes about the role of pastor and the symbols of office. In the afternoon I recorded a message that is being sent by computer phone tree to all Wesley households reminding them to sign up for the mission blitz. I am so excited about our partnership with Habitat for Humanity in Springfield, and the building of a house by the Wesley church.

Hebrews 8

Concerning Christ the scripture says: “But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.” (Verse 6) This summarizes the message of the book of Hebrews, and defines the difference between the old and the new – the “old” covenant, testament, and the “new” covenant or testament. During these days which follow Easter, it is so enriching to meditate upon the description of Christ as written in this book of Hebrews.

Guide me today, most Holy Lord, as I prepare my message for Sunday, and serve You as an undershepherd in your Kingdom. You are God, and I serve You with joy and obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment