Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 3, 2012

Easter is coming! I had a great inner shift during the night concerning preaching on Easter. I am ready for our worship planning and the 5 days that lie ahead. Yesterday was a good day off. I rode my motorcycle down to Table Rock Lake and tooled around. Then I met Audrey at her antique booth which is now open for business. We went to lunch together and I spent the afternoon looking at replacing the LHS. I am leaning toward a mid-size sedan, perhaps a Mercury Milan since it has been discontinued and there is a good supply of used models around.

Romans 15

“Now we who are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of those without strength and not just please ourselves.” (Verse 1) Paul has invested his life in preaching Christ to the gentiles, and bearing with the legalistic Jews who rejected the good news of Christ. In this chapter he tells the Christians in Rome that he hopes to come visit them soon, on his way to Spain. In verse 20 he describes that his calling is to preach the good news not where Christ was already named, that he might not build upon another’s foundation. His was an orientation to what today we refer to as “unreached peoples.”

Verse 13 finishes the opening paragraph, and it is a beautiful expression that has been used many times as a benediction: “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Yes! This is my desire this morning, Holy Lord, to be filled with joy and peace in believing, that today, April 3 I may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Guide my steps, my words, my praying, planning and meetings to honor you and glorify your name on Tuesday of Holy Week, 2012. So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment