Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 29, 2012

I am looking forward to gathering with the body of Christ called Wesley for worship and teaching. Pastor Mi Hyeon will be preaching all four services, and I will be teaching the new member Sunday School class. Tonight we have our final life group with college students at Bob and Linda’s home. Yesterday I worked on the Habitat home in the morning, caulking exterior siding which took me back to my college student painting days. Through the middle of the day I took a couple from church flying, fulfilling the commitment made last July as we were raising funds for Danny. We had a great flight, sightseeing over Branson and Table Rock Lake.

I Peter 2

“Therefore … like newborn babes, long for the pure milk of the word, that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord.” (Verses 1-3) This “longing for the pure milk of the Word” has so many implications. I have experienced an inner thirst for God’s Word throughout my life in Christ. Sometimes it subsides and needs to be renewed as Peter admonishes in these verses. As I am not preaching today, I am pondering how during the announcements I can stir this up, especially as I begin a new series next week, preaching expository from the book of Hebrews.

Verse 24: “and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by his wounds you were healed.” This is a profound verse stating what Christ has done, and what we must do, and finishes with the affirmation of the healing power of God.

Guide me today, most Holy Lord, as I die to sin and live to righteousness. There are so many ways in which this is accomplished in and through the life to which You have called me. I am yours today, most holy Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment