Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 7, 2012

Yesterday’s Good Friday services went well. I truly identified with the suffering and death of our Lord. I called my friend Dave E. and we had a great “catching up” conversation. God is at work in his life. From 10:30 on last night I ate too many carbs! I made popcorn, then had cookies, and am feeling the indulgence this morning. I will eat moderately today and prepare for a wonderful Easter ham that Audrey will fix for tomorrow’s dinner. I will continue to work on my sermon, work in the yard, exercise, and lead the confirmands in baptism and renewal late this afternoon.

Hebrews 3

Jesus is superior to Moses. In verses 7-18 the writer instructs readers “today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, as on the day of testing in the wilderness.” He says that now is the time to listen to God and to make sure that “none of you may have an evil, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.” (Verse 12)

Guide me today, most Holy Lord in everything I do, say, think and prepare, that my heart might be tender to your leading, as I listen to You, and turn always toward You. As I lead in baptism services, and write and think about my Easter message, fill me with your Holy Spirit and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment