Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 24, 2012

I have walked to Taco King and purchased coffee. It is good, was only a dollar, and just a 3 minute walk up the road. I am watching the Today show and preparing for devotions. I am in Azusa, California visiting with Bethany and her friends for a couple of days. I will meet with Scott Daniels at 11 am and through the morning will work on the Hebrews series prep, and some initial research on the Bonhoeffer-Wesley discipleship “Spring Training.” In the afternoon I will tend to the Taurus, and in the evening Bethany and I will drive to Mount Baldy for dinner.

James 2

Faith without good works is dead! If a person breaks one part of the law, that person will be judged guilty of the whole law (verse 10). These two concepts are huge for understanding the life of discipleship. Simply believing in God is not adequate (even the demons believe in God – verse 19). Faith in God must be accompanied by action that embodies the will of God, and shows mercy to others (verse 13).

Guide me today, most merciful God, as I live my faith with actions and deeds that embody your will and purposes for my life. Guide me on the path you have placed me, guard me from anything that would side track or derail me. Bless the worship planning team as they meet in my absence, and lead me as I plan the preaching series for May. In the blessed, holy name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment