Sunday, May 13, 2012

May 13, 2012

Mothers’ day and graduation Sunday! At Wesley we will celebrate this morning across the building. Yesterday we had 3 weddings, I performed one at a banquet center, one at Wesley and Pastor Mi Hyeon performed one in a backyard. Audrey and Bethany are having a good time together in California.

Hebrews 13

Nurture love of the brothers and sisters. Do not neglect hospitality (literally love of strangers), for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it. Remember the prisoners. I know three men who are in prison, and I am corresponding with a mother who hopes to come to Wesley when released later this year. I am remembering them this morning, and will correspond with them this week.

Honor marriage, and let the marriage bed be undefiled. President Obama made headlines this week as he endorsed gay marriage. This seems to be so far from the Biblical teaching, yet it is politically correct in our pluralistic society. It makes sense to me that unmarried people should have certain legal rights available, but gay marriage seems like an anathema.

Let your character be free from the love of money, being content with what you have. (Verse 5) This is a huge issue in our culture. It obviously was 2000 years ago also, and will probably always be! Money has power, and directly competes with the soul for worship. The best way to break this power is to give it away, and recognize the source of all provision is God.

The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid, what shall man do to me? (Verse 6) This is a quote from Psalm 118:6 and is a great reminder that I trust in God, that He is my shield and protector. Fear is so inhibiting. Trust in God is so freeing!

Guide my words, my steps, my interactions today, most holy Lord as I serve you as an undershepherd at Wesley.

No comments:

Post a Comment