Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012

Revelation 3 – Jesus’ words to Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea. In these three letters to the angels of three churches in Asia, Jesus commends and rebukes. He is hard on Laodicea stating that they are lukewarm, and he will spit them out. His advice: “buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich, and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eyesalve to anoint your eyes, that you may see.” (Verse 18). I am interested to see what Daniels does with this letter in his book Seven Deadly Spirits.

One of my favorite verses of scripture is verse 20: “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me.” What a great invitation! I have heard his voice, and accepted his invitation. For 38 years I have been dining with him, feasting at his table, walking in his ways. I desire to finish well, to avoid all traps of the evil one, and to give heed to these seven letters, applying them to my life and the life of the churches for which I have responsibility.

Today I welcome the unscheduled “day off”, sabbath from a long and strenuous week. The upcoming week will be equally strenuous, with evening commitments for the next 5 days. I will read, recreate, work around the house and garden, and recharge my internal batteries for the work to which I am called and equipped. Thank you Lord for your word, and for a fruitful day of ministry and service on Mother’s day. Guide my steps today as I look to you for strength and renewal.

No comments:

Post a Comment