Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 15, 2012

Revelation 4 – John sees “a door set open” and is invited up to heaven. There he describes his vision of the throne, the four creatures, the 24 elders and what they were doing and saying. It is inspiring for me to read this chapter, to remember the reality of heaven, and the glimpse afforded by this revelation. I will meditate upon it throughout this day.

I will read and write for the next hour, then get ready for the office. I will get an hour in before my 7:30 breakfast appointment. We have worship planning this morning, and in the afternoon I will be coached by Doug and then coach a pastor who is moving. Today is the deadline for coaching certification with CAM, which I mailed on Saturday. Tonight we have Staff Parish committee. As I look at the schedule, this will be a pretty typical week in the life of this pastor. I have a wedding on Saturday, and will complete our last Bishop’s peer mentoring group on Thursday.

Yesterday I worked around the garden in the morning, digging out pesky Bermuda grass and planting 3 additional tomato plants. I also shaped up the Burning Bushes and applied Round Up to the Bermuda grass encroaching on the berm in the back yard. After lunch I read on the back porch, and then rode the Kawasaki to the Wilson Creek National Battlefield, where I bought another annual pass. At the Battlefield I trekked 4.7 miles up and down the Wire Road and through the corn field. It was a good workout as I ran-walked, and I have always wanted to explore the Wire Road to the southwest boundary. The weather was beautiful; I came upon 5 turkeys plus numerous rabbits and squirrels. In the evening I barbequed dinner and read plus a little watching of a movie set in post World War I Morocco with the French Foreign Legion guarding an archeological dig.

Guide me today Lord as I have energy and enthusiasm for this early start. Thank you for this vision of heaven, keep me mindful all day of this reality. Use me as your servant in every setting. May your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven today.

No comments:

Post a Comment